🌞✏️🎒🚀

موسوعة المعلم والتلميذ

📚 دروس ممتعة لكل سنة
🔥 آخر ٤٠ مقالًا
جاري تحميل آخر المقالات…
👀…زيارة للمدونة
⭐475مشترك — اشترك الآن
📚…مقال ودرس
👍Facebookتابع صفحتنا

بحث هذه المدونة الإلكترونية

English Workbook - Entertaining Myself المحور الاول في الانجليزية سنة سادسة

English Workbook - Entertaining Myself

ENGLISH WORKBOOK

6th Year of Primary Education

Theme 1: ENTERTAINING MYSELF

Hobbies • Free-time activities • Likes and dislikes

Name: __________________________
Class: __________
Date: __________

PART 1 – THE LESSON

1. What does “Entertaining Myself” mean?

To entertain myself means to do activities that I enjoy during my free time.

I can read a book, listen to music, play football, ride my bike, watch television or play games.

2. Vocabulary – Free-time activities

English French
read a booklire un livre
watch TVregarder la télévision
listen to musicécouter de la musique
play footballjouer au football
play basketballjouer au basket
ride a bikefaire du vélo
go swimmingfaire de la natation
draw picturesdessiner
paintpeindre
dancedanser
singchanter
play video gamesjouer aux jeux vidéo
surf the Internetsurfer sur Internet
take photosprendre des photos
go for a walkfaire une promenade

3. Talking about likes and dislikes

Like:

I like football.
I like reading books.
I love listening to music.

Dislike:

I don't like fishing.
I don't like watching horror films.
I hate playing computer games.

4. Remember: like + verb-ing

After like / love / enjoy / hate, we can use a verb ending in -ing.
I like reading.
She loves dancing.
He enjoys playing football.

5. Can / Can't

We use can to talk about ability.

I can swim.
Sarah can dance.
Tom can play the guitar.

We use can't to say that we are not able to do something.

I can't fly.
Tom can't swim.

6. Present Simple

We use the present simple to talk about habits and regular activities.

I play football every Saturday.
We watch TV in the evening.
Sarah reads books every day.

With he / she / it, the verb usually takes -s.

I play football.
He plays football.
I read books.
She reads books.

7. Useful questions

What do you do in your free time?

→ I play football and listen to music.

What is your favourite hobby?

→ My favourite hobby is reading.

Do you like swimming?

→ Yes, I do. / No, I don't.

Can you ride a bike?

→ Yes, I can. / No, I can't.

PART 2 – 40 EXERCISES

Exercise 1 – Match the words with the activities.

1. read        2. play        3. listen        4. ride        5. watch

a. TV
b. a bike
c. music
d. books
e. football

Answers: 1 ___   2 ___   3 ___   4 ___   5 ___

Exercise 2 – Complete with the correct word.

football – music – books – bike – TV

1. I read __________.

2. I listen to __________.

3. I play __________.

4. I ride my __________.

5. I watch __________.

Exercise 3 – Choose the correct answer.

1. I like (read / reading) books.

2. She likes (dance / dancing).

3. He loves (play / playing) football.

4. We enjoy (watch / watching) films.

5. They hate (get / getting) bored.

Exercise 4 – Complete with like / likes.

1. I __________ music.

2. Sarah __________ reading.

3. We __________ football.

4. Tom __________ swimming.

5. My friends __________ video games.

Exercise 5 – Complete with don't like / doesn't like.

1. I __________ fishing.

2. Paul __________ dancing.

3. We __________ horror films.

4. Emma __________ playing chess.

5. They __________ watching TV.

Exercise 6 – Make the sentences negative.

1. I like fishing.

________________________________________

2. She likes football.

________________________________________

3. They like video games.

________________________________________

4. He likes swimming.

________________________________________

Exercise 7 – Answer with Yes, I do / No, I don't.

1. Do you like reading? __________________

2. Do you like football? __________________

3. Do you like swimming? __________________

4. Do you like dancing? __________________

5. Do you like drawing? __________________

Exercise 8 – Complete with can / can't.

1. Birds __________ fly.

2. Fish __________ walk.

3. I __________ ride a bike.

4. A baby __________ drive a car.

5. My sister __________ dance very well.

Exercise 9 – Put the words in the correct order.

1. football / like / I / playing

________________________________________

2. music / she / likes / listening to

________________________________________

3. swimming / can / he

________________________________________

4. books / reading / enjoy / we

________________________________________

Exercise 10 – Complete the questions.

1. __________ you like football?

2. __________ she like dancing?

3. __________ he swim?

4. __________ they play tennis?

5. __________ your brother like reading?

Exercise 11 – Answer the questions.

1. What do you do in your free time?

2. What is your favourite hobby?

3. Do you like sports?

Exercise 12 – Complete with the correct verb.

read – play – listen – watch – ride

1. I __________ music.

2. We __________ football.

3. She __________ books.

4. They __________ TV.

5. He __________ his bike.

Exercise 13 – Present Simple.

Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form.

1. I __________ football every Sunday. (play)

2. Sarah __________ books every evening. (read)

3. Tom __________ TV after school. (watch)

4. We __________ music. (listen)

5. My brother __________ swimming. (enjoy)

Exercise 14 – Choose the correct form.

1. He play / plays football.

2. I read / reads books.

3. She watch / watches TV.

4. They listen / listens to music.

5. My father enjoy / enjoys walking.

Exercise 15 – Make questions.

1. you / like / swimming?

________________________________________

2. she / like / reading?

________________________________________

3. he / can / dance?

________________________________________

4. they / play / football?

________________________________________

Exercise 16 – Find the odd word.

1. football – basketball – swimming – apple

2. reading – dancing – singing – schoolbag

3. TV – radio – computer – banana

4. bike – car – bus – music

Exercise 17 – Classify the activities.

Sports: football – reading – swimming – basketball – drawing

Sports: ________________________________________

Creative activities: painting – drawing – dancing – football

Creative activities: ______________________________

Exercise 18 – Complete the sentences.

1. In my free time, I like __________________.

2. My favourite activity is __________________.

3. I don't like __________________.

4. I can __________________ very well.

5. I can't __________________.

Exercise 19 – Replace the words.

1. I like football.

Replace football with basketball.

________________________________________

2. She likes reading.

Replace reading with dancing.

________________________________________

Exercise 20 – Correct the mistakes.

1. She like football.

________________________________________

2. He don't like swimming.

________________________________________

3. I likes reading.

________________________________________

4. They doesn't like dancing.

________________________________________

5. Sarah can swims.

________________________________________

Exercise 21 – Complete with do / does.

1. __________ you like music?

2. __________ she like reading?

3. __________ they play football?

4. __________ he enjoy swimming?

5. __________ your friends like dancing?

Exercise 22 – Complete with do not / does not.

1. I __________ like fishing.

2. She __________ like horror films.

3. We __________ like tennis.

4. He __________ like dancing.

Exercise 23 – Read and answer.

Emma's Free Time

Emma is eleven years old. She likes spending her free time with her friends. She enjoys playing basketball and riding her bike. At home, she likes reading books and listening to music. She doesn't like watching horror films. Emma can swim, dance and sing. At weekends, she often goes to the park with her friends.

1. How old is Emma?

________________________________________

2. What sport does she like?

________________________________________

3. Does she like horror films?

________________________________________

4. Can Emma swim?

________________________________________

5. Where does she go at weekends?

________________________________________

Exercise 24 – True or False?

1. Emma is eleven years old. ______

2. Emma hates basketball. ______

3. She likes reading. ______

4. She likes horror films. ______

5. She can swim. ______

Exercise 25 – Find evidence in the text.

1. Emma likes sports. Give evidence.

2. Emma likes music. Give evidence.

3. Emma can do three activities. Name them.

Exercise 26 – Complete the dialogue.

A: What do you do in your free time?
B: I ________________________________.

A: Do you like football?
B: ________________________________.

A: Can you swim?
B: ________________________________.

A: What is your favourite hobby?
B: ________________________________.

Exercise 27 – Match the questions and answers.

1. Do you like music?

2. Can you swim?

3. What is your hobby?

4. What do you do at weekends?

a. I play football.
b. Yes, I can.
c. Yes, I do.
d. Reading.

1 ___   2 ___   3 ___   4 ___

Exercise 28 – Write the opposite.

1. like → __________________

2. can → __________________

3. love → __________________

Exercise 29 – Make complete sentences.

1. I / like / music

________________________________________

2. Sarah / enjoy / reading

________________________________________

3. Tom / can / swim

________________________________________

4. We / play / football / every Saturday

________________________________________

Exercise 30 – Complete with the correct preposition.

1. listen ______ music

2. play ______ football

3. go ______ swimming

4. go ______ a walk

5. listen ______ the radio

Exercise 31 – Choose the correct answer.

1. I like (read / reading) books.

2. He (play / plays) tennis.

3. She (don't / doesn't) like football.

4. They (can / cans) swim.

5. Do you (like / likes) music?

Exercise 32 – Complete the table.

Person Like Dislike
Peter football fishing
Lucy reading football
John swimming TV

1. Peter likes __________________.

2. Peter doesn't like __________________.

3. Lucy likes __________________.

4. Lucy doesn't like __________________.

5. John likes __________________.

Exercise 33 – Who am I?

I am an activity. You need a book. You sit quietly and look at words and pictures. You can do me at home or at school.

Answer: __________________________

Exercise 34 – Guess the activity.

You need a ball. You can play me with your friends. You run and try to score goals.

Answer: __________________________

Exercise 35 – Complete the paragraph.

like – playing – reading – can – don't

My name is Jack. I __________ playing football. I also enjoy __________ books. I __________ swim very well, but I __________ like fishing.

Exercise 36 – Write about yourself.

Complete the profile.

My name is __________________.

I am __________________ years old.

My favourite hobby is __________________.

I like __________________.

I don't like __________________.

I can __________________.

I can't __________________.

Exercise 37 – Write five sentences.

Write five sentences about what you do in your free time.

Exercise 38 – Write a short dialogue.

Write a dialogue between two friends. Talk about hobbies, likes and abilities.

Exercise 39 – My favourite hobby.

Write a short paragraph about your favourite hobby. Mention:

  • the name of the hobby;
  • when you do it;
  • where you do it;
  • who you do it with;
  • why you like it.

Exercise 40 – Final challenge.

A Day Without Boredom

Imagine that you have a free Saturday. You wake up at nine o'clock. In the morning, you ride your bike and play football with your friends. In the afternoon, you read a book and listen to music. In the evening, you watch a funny film with your family.

1. What day is it?

________________________________________

2. What does the child do in the morning?

________________________________________

3. What does the child do in the afternoon?

________________________________________

4. Who watches the film with the child?

________________________________________

5. Write two activities that you enjoy.

________________________________________

6. Write one activity that you don't enjoy.

________________________________________

7. Write one activity you can do very well.

________________________________________

FINAL REVIEW

Remember!

  • I like reading.
  • I love playing football.
  • I don't like fishing.
  • She likes dancing.
  • He doesn't like swimming.
  • I can ride a bike.
  • I can't fly.
  • Do you like music? → Yes, I do.
  • Does she like football? → No, she doesn't.
My English Challenge: Try to use English every day. Talk about your hobbies, your favourite activities and what you can do.

تعليقات

المتابعون

بحث هذه المدونة الإلكترونية


f W T ↑